Rome, Italy

Rome, Italy
Montesilvano, Italy

Monday, January 28, 2013

1/23/2013 - Montesilvano


Ciao Tutti,
     
      Well this week I'm writing you all from Roma. We had another Zone Conference this week. I got to do my last interview with president until my last day and renew my temple recommend. President told me that for my last transfer it's very likely that I'll be training an Italian which means I'd lose a lot more English and come home sounding like super Mario. haha =) At the conference I also had to bear my parting testimony to everyone, how close I am to the end. My group being so huge, we had about 12 missionaries who had to do it here in Roma. It took about an hour. Usually there's only one or 2 who have to do it. President was able to do a baptismal interview this week also for Maria Luisa who will be baptized on the 2nd of Feb. It's a good week for missionary work.
      I think it's really interesting that the missionaries shared the story about John Tanner with you because we shared the same story last Sunday night with a family. But we have a movie of the story too that we use, I don't know if the missionaries back home used it. It's really good. Something interesting too about that is that my ex-companion Anziano Bradshaw is a decedent of John Tanner. Cool stuff huh? Tell dad that when people assume that missionary work in Italy is hard they're right. However we are hard workers so in the end there's a lot of fruit. In fact most missionaries here will see at least 5 or 6 baptisms their whole time here; some as much as 18 or 20. We are a baptizing mission. Elder Jeffery R. Holland told me himself that at the airport when I came here.  He said that they don't send just any missionary to the Rome mission. The apostles know it’s not easy and they want only the best. Pres. Eyring said the same thing to our Mission President when he came here. Hard mission but hard workers, so in the end it equals out. 
      I forgot to send a whole bunch of Birthday wishes out last week =( please forgive me. SO HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the 2 Kristins and mom. =) Aunt Kristin sent me an email this week. Tell her not to worry and that it's not the end of the world when Obama gets elected. The President of Italy is a billionaire 80 year old guy who has a 30 year old trophy wife and cheats on her with 14 year old prostitutes. At least we haven't come this low in America. We'll get everything back in shape and if not Jesus will come down in the 2nd coming and fix everything himself. 
    Okay I love and miss you all and I gotta go. Have a great week and be excellent to each other. I hope the car thing gets worked out. I'm on Scott's side. Vi voglio bene. 
         Con amore
                       Anziano Kyle Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment