Rome, Italy

Rome, Italy
Montesilvano, Italy

Monday, January 28, 2013

1/16/2013 - Montesilvano


Ciao Todos amigos mios,

           I don't think Mike will have his call already. That’s way too fast. It took me like 3-4 weeks if I remember correctly. Anyways I will make a prediction. I have a strong feeling he would do really well in the Russia Novasiberisk mission. Siberia is a beautiful place and I hear that Russian is one of the most beautiful languages in the world. Okay my companion says he’s coming here to Roma and that he will train him. There are two other missionaries here too. Anziano Esplin says Japan and Anziano Bird says Germany. We'll see what happens. I have some pictures I want to send you this week but we are at a weird ghetto internet point and I’m writing you on an IBM from like 20 years ago that doesn't even have USB ports but if I figure something out I'll try and get them to you. I hope you win some money mom on your game show, I don't remember that show at all but if you can make some cash an Audi R8 shouldn't be too out of our budget right? I saw a black one this morning! =) 
           No baptisms this week =( but they are coming don't worry. People just need a little more time than we thought. No need to worry. We will reschedule the baptismal dates by the end of this week and toward the end of January, start of February we should have quite a few. I did an exchange last week with a newer missionary Anziano Jones. We went to a members house and had dinner and a lesson. He's super timid, poor kid and said maybe 5 words the whole 3 hours we were there. So I had to do everything, in the end though it wasn't too bad because I got super tight with the whole family and they love me. They have two 16 year old twins who look like Anakin Skywalker and an inactive daughter who I was able to help a lot. The members here are starting to like me, especially the young adults and youth. A member told me last Sunday that I was the most "simpatico" (not sure how to translate that word, it means many things nice, funny, likable, attractive personality) missionary they've ever had here. I told them that it’s just because I'm Californian and we are more fun than the average Utah missionaries, haha. Italians think we are all crazy that we go to the ocean in California because they are CONVINCED it's full of sharks haha. I have to explain to EVERYONE that there aren't any sharks and it only happens every 20 years or so someone gets attacked in California. They think Jaws was a documentary instead of a film haha. 
           Well I'm gonna scapare here. Let me know SUBITO if Mike gets his call. Me and Anziano Alessandro are having a most excellent time here in Pescara. I miss and love you all. Vi voglio bene,
                   Con Amore, 
                             Anziano Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment