Rome, Italy

Rome, Italy
Montesilvano, Italy

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

11/28/2012 - Pescara, Italy

Ciao Tutti! 
         Well I think I'd like to start maybe explaining the fotos I sent. There'a a picture of me thanksgiving with are nice little turkey =) i got to make the first cut. Than there is a panorama shot of Pescara from the top a huge bridge over the riviera. And last the president says we are doing such a good job here in Pescara that we get to upgrade the mission car to a......... yeah, so tell those missionaries back home that if they do a good enough job maybe the church will let them drive one too =) 
          Looks like you guys are all having a blast back home. There is one thing that made me flip out a little was how big everyone is. Don't tell Mike but Scott is HUGE is he has tall as me yet? I'm 6'1" so I'd like to think I'm still the tallest but in that family foto just kinda blew my mind. Anyways everyone looks a lot older except Mom and Dad haha you guys seem to not age. When I show people here fotos of you guys people think you guys are in your 30's and that its impossible that I can be your son. Your thing about me looking Italiano and stuff that you mentioned a while ago is something I seem to be noticing more and more also. People don't seem to believe I'm American anymore and I have to show them my California drivers license to prove it. Not only do I look it but apparently I'm acting like it a lot too. My companion says that I act more Italian than he does about some things. I ran into a very rude British lady the other day who tried to argue with me and I couldn't respond very well and sounded stupid because I don't speak English very well anymore. We are going to have a fun conversation in a couple weeks. Be sure you have google translate ready because I might say words you don't understand in my Englishtalian. Being with two Italian companions in the last 3 months has really had a toll on my English vocab. Maybe it would be better if I just stayed here after the mission and lived the rest of my life in Italia because I don't know how well I can integrate in to life back home in America =) ,.....just kidding. 
           We are going to have a baptism here this Saturday of a young boy named Andrea  I think I mentioned him last week though. I heard from Anziano Visintin yesterday that Fabio got baptized in Taranto. Here it's been raining a lot and I have only seen the sun for 2 days in the 2 weeks I've been here =( not something a boy from southern California is very used to. Work here is a bit easier though than, for example, Bitonto, We do a lot less finding work and the members take good care of us. We received 9 referrals last week (which for us is a lot). Me and my companion get along real well and have some fun. He's not a real risk taker though and is always worried about stuff that's not really important so I tease him a lot by putting him in uncomfortable situations =P 
          Well I hope you all have a great week and tons of fun. I'll keep my eye on the mail box for what shows up and don't send anything to crazy. You can never really trust Italian postage, It's run by the mafia. I blew up our microwave last week, this is the second microwave in 2 months =P Long story. I love and miss you all =) 
           con amore,     Anziano Kyle Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment