Rome, Italy

Rome, Italy
Montesilvano, Italy

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

11/14/2012 - Pescara, Italy


Ciao Tutti, di nuovo =)

            Well I've been transferred again. Now to Pescara which is in Abruzzo. It's on the opposite side of the boot as Rome on the Adriatic Sea. I will be serving once again with another Italian, Anziano Alessandro who I know pretty well actually. He's from Bologna which is about an hour and a half train ride from Pescara so it should be interesting for him serving his mission so close to his home. I'll be sure to get you my address and everything asap but I’m in the Rome zone now so still mailing stuff to the office in Rome isn't a problem because I'll go there every once n' a while. I've heard many good things about Pescara and it has a pretty good sized ward there of about 100. Still I am gonna miss Taranto. I didn't think I would get so attached to a city being only here for 1 transfer. Every moment I get with president I'm actually gonna try and see if he'll let me come back down here to finish my mission, I still have 3 transfers left =) I forgot my camera at home so I can't send you guys any pictures this week =( sorry, you'll get a ton next week I promise. 
             I'm glad you think I look Italian mom =P it’s because I haven't cut my hair for a while because I've been a bum this transfer, I'm cutting it tonight though and I will look totally American again =) and people don't notice I’m American from the way I look but from the way I talk. It’s almost impossible to master the Italian accent, especially for us Americans so I have an accent that they can pick up pretty fast. There have been a couple times though when I have to take out my driver’s license to prove to people I'm American. I have issues teaching English course every once and a while because I can't remember words in English or how to spell things. Last night I couldn't remember door bell and chandelier. It was a disaster. Oh and tell the Carpenters that there isn't much yellow here and I have no idea why the Macaroni Grill painted themselves yellow. It has nothing to do with Italy =P Maybe I could get a job there after the mission singing for peoples birthdays in Italian =) haha.
           I can't think of anything else to write. I'm having one of those blank moments. The work here in Taranto goes forward and there isn't really anything new from last week. I hear that the week I arrive in Pescara there is already a baptism and work is exploding there so I’m pretty excited. I miss and love all of you. I got a letter from grandma and the Quirroses this week. Always love when my cousins draw me pictures =) have a great week everyone and VI VOGLIO BENE.
     Con Amore,  Anziano Kyle Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment