Rome, Italy

Rome, Italy
Montesilvano, Italy

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

11/21/2012 - Pescara, Italy


Ciao tutti!
        
           Only one picture =( this is of a couple of my friends in Taranto the day I left. It’s all the young single adults and the Vescovo. I'm gonna miss that ward so much, I had a lot of fun there. Anyways I'm sure you are all curious about my new city Pescara. Well it’s another big ward full of bomb members just like Taranto! President is being very nice to me. I'm with Anziano Alessandro who I already knew from my Bitonto days because he was in Bari. He’s a funny little guy. He’s way Italian but at the same time not at all. He doesn't like cheese or fish which I find very strange because these are Italian classics. However he’s a strong believer in colpa d'aria and other strange only Italian sicknesses and is very concerned and picky about what he eats. We have quite a bit of fun. He's pretty excited also to be with me because his last companion was only a couple transfers with his American trainer and didn't really speak Italian at all so they never were really able to communicate with each other, and if you know Italians, that's a really important thing =) haha. He has a funny Bolognese accent too. I'll try and describe it to you when I call you all Christmas. Which is coming REALLY FAST =O holy cow. The members here rock and we have eaten at somebody’s house almost every day since I've arrived here and are getting to know everyone. Another thing is that I haven't seen the sun yet since I arrived here =( it has rained every day; 5 days straight. I hope by the end of the week I'll get to see my good friend the sun again. It's also getting quite cold here. Winter is gonna be rough. We have a scattered English course full of old people but we had fun yesterday. We are having a baptism on the first of December of a small boy whose has an interesting family situation but is practically already a member. There are quite a few investigators here and a bit of work. I just need to meet everyone first and know them and then I'll have a much more detailed update for you guys next week. We spend quite a bit of money on travel here too. We have a pretty big proselyting area. It’s all of Abruzzo except for L'aquila. We went to L'aquila Monday for district meeting which is a beautiful city in the mountains. It’s all destroyed though from a HUGE earthquake about 4 years ago. They are still rebuilding and many of the buildings are still abandoned and crumbling. Got to see my good bud Anziano Bradshaw again too. He's in Terni which is part of our district. A quick funny story, I honestly had the worst meal in my life here in Italy this Sunday that my companion almost barfed on his plate. I have always eaten the best food in the world here in Italy but this was defiantly not so. This member is notorious here in Pescara for not knowing how to cook really well and the members tried to warn us but being the nice missionaries we are we did what we had to do. We had uncooked pasta made with uncooked shrimp =P and then a plate of Fish that was not cooked so it was pretty much raw with raw potatoes. It's the thought that counts and I was able to get it down without any problems but my companion was green when we left, poor kid. The member who made it for us though did it with his heart and it’s the thought that counts right? He’s a nice guy and we didn't offend him and ate everything =) you would be proud of me mom. Okay I’m running outa time so have a great thanksgiving. We will be eating turkey tomorrow at a members house =) lucky us. Make sure to give Mike a good teasing about his girl friend and I know he’s meeting with the bishop and stake president about the priesthood but he should really talk about starting his mission papers asap. The sooner the better. And if he wants to wait for me all he has to do is put his availability date for April. I love you all and hope you all have a great week. I got an email from president that he sent you all an email about sending packages and stuff for Christmas. In the end don't send me stuff. I don't need any packages and I don't wanna risk anything getting lost.
Vi Voglio Bene! e ci sentiamo
     Con amore,   Anziano Kyle Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment