Rome, Italy

Rome, Italy
Montesilvano, Italy

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

11/7/2012 - Taranto, Italy


Ciao tutti,
      Well I'd like to make it clear that I did vote and I did mail my ballot in okay? That's what’s important right? Obama won in California by one vote huh? Must of been mine, haha. Didn't know you gave birth to a liberal?  I thought you would of figured it out by now! mwhaha! No, I voted for Romney but I think Obama winning isn't the end of the world. I think we have a tendency to blow things out of proportion sometimes. Saw also the results of the propositions. Looks like un-regulated unions are still running the state of California.  Maybe us Californians will figure it out sooner or later that they’re the reason our state is such a mess. There were some weird things on the ballot this year too haha. Me and my companion had a good laugh about some of the state and county measures, the ridiculous things some people manage to stick on ballots. 
       Okay enough silly politics talk. I'm glad to hear everyone remembers sister petroni.  I'll be sure to let her know asap and try and see if there is any facebook or way to contact her. Her name sister DeGorgio now though. She's been married for quite a few years and has young two daughters. Her husband is in the Bishopric here in Taranto and they are ace members. She'll be happy to know that people back home remember her. It is funny how these things happen. It really is a strange coincidence because I'm not supposed to be here in Taranto anyways, president told me it was a last minute thing that popped into his head. BTW speaking of transfers, they are this week and it is very likely that I am leaving Taranto =( already. So once again. Letters should go to the office in Rome the second you get this email. I'm most likely going there anyways president said in our interview that it’s most likely, however he has been known to go back on his word for transfers every once in a while and be a little unpredictable so who knows. 
       This week has been very interesting. In the fotos you will see some of me running around with some anziani at a service activity. We pushed people around in wheel chairs at the cemetery for 2 days. Last Thursday and Friday were  national holidays here in Italy, the day of the dead it’s called. So every year the 2 wards out here get together and since the cemetery is loaded with people that day we stand outside with wheel chairs and offer to push old people around. The cemeteries here in Italia are huge and like small cities full of thousands of tombs and chapels and all kinds of things. Here they don't bury people like we do in the Untied States, but they entomb people here above ground or in giant catacombs. So we spent the whole day doing that. I got a cool Italiano "Helping Hands" hat =) 
        As for the work here in Taranto things are going pretty well in my opinion. We should have several baptisms the end of this month =) First being a little Romanian boy we are teaching named Adrianno who is 11. He's a funny little kid but wants to do everything. He even, to our surprise, randomly stood up this Sunday in church and bore his testimony about how he hopes his mother lets him get baptized because he loves this church. The other baptism we have to see still but it’s one of those random little miracles that happens sometimes. Last Sunday these two random guys showed up in church named Fabio and Vesco. Vesco is a member from Bulgaria who served a mission in Germany and Fabio is his co-worker who’s Italian.  Actually originates from near Taranto. They have been traveling and living in Bulgaria for the last couple years but Fabio has received all the lessons and a testimony in Bulgaria and Spain with the missionaries and the only thing he's missing is baptism. Now that they will be here in Taranto for a month or so they are hoping that they can get it done here asap =) How random is that? Defiantly not something a missionary sees every day. We are working hard here and I think the Lord is blessing us for it. 
        Well that’s about it for my email here. Glad to hear the missionaries back home are having baptisms and that Papa O is kicking them into gear haha I can't wait to work with the missionaries when I get home. Hope Scott gets better(he’s had the flu) and that you are all doing well. I miss and love you all.
        Con amore
                Anziano Kyle Hill     

No comments:

Post a Comment