Rome, Italy

Rome, Italy
Montesilvano, Italy

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Bitonto, Puglia - 6/1/2012

CIAO TUTTI!
      Well i am now in Bitonto with my awesome new companion Anziano Bradshaw. We are going to have way to much fun this  transfer. The house here is honestly the coolest house in the whole mission i think. It's on the top floor so the balcony is the roof of the building and it's huge!! It has a gazebo on it too =P so random but it really is so cool. The city of Bitonto is way small about 50,000 inhabitants and the branch is of about 20 members so my smallest so far. It's funny though because about 20 minutes away in the city of Bari there are 2 wards of over 100 members. I'm in a stake here too. We can safely say i am no longer isolated far away on a little island but now more in the middle of things =) This place reminds me a bit of a way small catania for some reason but I haven't really discovered why yet. So thats a little bit on that. Oh and as for the work here we are pretty much starting from scratch so way psyched for that =) 
       So I back in Sassari I got to spend this week saying goodbye to alot of awesome members but my camera went out last wednesday and is having charging issues so my comp had to take all the pictures. So waiting on Lacey to send them to me. I'm gonna miss all those members a ton. That was honestly such an amazing branch! half of them made it very clear that "when" I come back to Sassari with my wife one day how many spare rooms they have and stuff haha. Adhemar and I shed some good tears at parting. Outa everyone I'll probably miss him the most. We also had a pretty emotional lesson last tuesday with him. I won't go into detail because it was pretty intense stuff but just remember to keep him and his family in your prayers. Things with his JW family and stuff are creating some major problems betweens them and It's sad to see. So once again. Keep him and his family in your prayers. He has got a strong testimony of the Book of Mormon too. I'm just bummed I won't be there to see the baptism. He promised me a free adventure and place to stay in Bolivia though if I ever go down to find him there one day. I have so many connections around the world. I never thought that serving in Italy would give me friends to pass by in Kenya, Philippines, Ghana, and now Bolivia! not to mention all the good friends who are missionaries I gotta visit back in america, germany and here in Italy after the mission. I have quite a travel life you could say =) It's good because one of my goals one day is to go through every temple in the world before i die. So the more connections the easier that will be =)
         My travels started Wednesday morning driving to Alghero with Anz Luke (my travel buddy headed to rome to be the new assistant) and anziano Lacey and Schwing (He's german and way awesome) Germans are actually some of the coolest people in europe according to me. All the ones I've met have been way awesome and remind me the most of americans in the way they think and live their daily lives. I have gained alot of respect for that culture. So back to traveling. We said good bye to our old comps and jumped on the plane to rome. Me and Anz. Luke landed after a way smooth about 40 minute flight. We met the Assistants there and I played Assistant for the rest of the day picking up the new missionaries with the mission pres and driving everybody around with Anziano Gatchel. We honestly went everywhere around rome passing all the cool old stuff going from the airport to the train station to the mission office to the mission home and back and forth again. It was nutz. I have no idea how the assistants do it. I got to see alot of missionaries I hadn't seen for along time being stuck on the island so it was also a really nice reunion too seeing tons of old friends. The next morning we picked up a greenie and then me and two other elders got an a bus and made the 6 hour bus ride down to Bari. It was LONGGGGGGGG but i got to see a ton of beautiful Italian landscape. This place is SO BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE  IT!! Yesterday evening I got here in bitonto after a short train ride with anziano Bradshaw. So nothing to crazy went down on the trip haha no crazy boat jumping or airplane crashing madness or anything like that =) 
         I'll leave it at that. I got some of your letters when passing by the mission office. Can't believe mike is graduating already!! congrats LITTLE BRO!  And i know there are a ton of birthdays so i send my love and best wishes to all of you! TANTI AUGURI A VOI!! VI VOGLIO BENE ed ci sentiamo

           Con amore,
                     Anziano Kyle Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment