Rome, Italy

Rome, Italy
Montesilvano, Italy

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

6/27/2012 - Bitonto, Puglia


Dearest family and friends,
 
                Another week goes by and well pretty much everything is still the same here =P exciting huh? We are trying to come up with cool and creative ideas to find people (being that me and Anziano Bradshaw are the two most creative guys in the mission right now according to our mission president) It feels like just about every day we do some finding, and some more finding, eat lunch and then go out and do some finding. Any missionary can tell you that finding is the funnest part of missionary work right? We actually got a pretty insulting letter a couple weeks ago which is a funny story. Some kid named Elder David Lichtenstien who is serving in Arizona wrote my companion and mentioned how they don't have to do much finding because the live in a "REFERRAL BASED MISSION" what the HECK DOES THAT MEAN!!!!!! If we get 1 good referral a week we are already above the mission average here!! So somebody explain this "REFERRAL BASED" phrase because I don't seem to understand it haha. Whenever something goes wrong for us or stuff is just not working out we will always scream into the air "CURSE YOU ELDER LICHTENSTEIN AND YOUR REFERRAL BASED MISSION!!" The funny thing to add insult to injury is that our friend Elder Lichtenstein had the audacity to ask us after making that statement how we do work here in Italy. Well.... Elder Lichtenstein, we are serving in a little city in the middle of nowhere with a proselyting area that extends about 50 miles in all directions and a branch of 15-20 members on a good day, so we do a lot of FINDING WORK. We can say we live in a "FIND AND TALK TO EVERY STINKIN PERSON AND THEY STILL DON'T GET BAPTIZED MISSION" haha. We had zone conference last week and ironically enough President chose to speak to us about how out of the mouth of President Eyring himself we are serving in probably the hardest mission in the world so we shouldn't get discouraged because no matter how many people shut us down or don't progress, as long as we do our best we are fine. People have their free agency we just need to get them to exercise it. He said a mission makes a boy a man, but that the Rome Italy mission makes a boy a saint =) hear that? You will all have to call me San Kyle when I get home. Haha just teasing. So yeah. President is being really great and always encouraging us because it's not easy here. We are made better though because of it and I am thankful that this isn't easy. If I was in any other mission i don't know if I would have learned the things I have learned here and have gained the character traits and new strengths that I have now. I am really a changed person. You are all gonna see that when I get home =) This mission was the greatest thing for my life. 
         So yeah back to what we do here. We are pretty much relying on our English course and a “Quit Smoking” program we just started. We have gone around the city posting advertisements on everything. So wish us luck with that. At zone conference I was once again united with all my old companions and my whole MTC district! That was awesome!! Got to talk with Anderson and Harris =) I'll send pictures to you guys. It's interesting now being in the older group in the mission. At zone conference more than half the missionaries were younger than us. These two years go by way too fast so I gotta get what I can before it’s gone. On Sunday Italy beat England in the Semi finals during Penalty kicks =P it was nuts so when we won at around 1130 everyone ran out onto the streets and for about 2 hours drove around honking horns, blowing stuff up, screaming, and someone had a fog horn. It was nuts. These people really love their soccer. We play Germany on Thursday in the final and I'm pretty sure we are gonna lose so there may not be the same craziness.
          I love you all and miss you all. Your letters arrive with-in days so post is really well here. Thanks for the package and I will let you know when it gets here. Vi voglio bene e Ci sentiamo!
                           Con amore,
                                      Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment