Rome, Italy

Rome, Italy
Montesilvano, Italy

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Bitonto, Puglia - 6/13/2012


Ciao Tutti,
       Well another week passed and I’m still alive! WOO! I got a horrible cough this week though for some reason and it's driving me nuts, can't sleep well or anything. I bought some cough syrup though and it seems to be helping. So things are getting better.
     I would like to point out that your letters arrived Monday! Way sweet huh? I guess mail travels fast here! I loved all your letters and thought especially because of the weird coincidence of the fact that you(mom) are in the same spot of the Book of Mormon as me (except mine’s in french haha) but same story right? That part of Alma, I always love
talking about because I consider it one of Alma's "awesome moments" as I like to call it. After the people of Ammoniah start throwing all their new converts in the fire Amulek does freak out a bit (probably because it includes his family) and this is right after Alma gives a huge talk on the power of the priesthood so It's only natural that Amulek would ask Alma to use the priesthood to save them. However Alma remains calm. Not many people can stay calm while watching a scene like that. This shows something about Alma, he is really connected to the Lord and knows his plan so he has no fear for the saints that are being killed. And his words to Amulek comfort him. Then Amulek’s
concern changes though. We find him concerned for the safety of himself and Alma and asking whether they need to do something to protect themselves. Once again Alma remains calm and says calmly and fearlessly that they have no need to fear because they still have work to do and the Lord will not suffer them to die yet. Alma shows an
amazing amount of confidence in the Lord in a scene of horror and destruction and I greatly admire that. He is an amazing example and this is why this is one of his "Awesome Moments". So thanks for sharing that with me mom. The scriptures are most totally excellent!
          So this week was stake conference for 2 days. Saturday evening we went to Bari and did member splits with all the leaders from the stake. I went out with the Branch Pres. of Brindisi and we did some great work. Than we had a conference where the stake president spoke to us. He is a way awesome dude! And he looks just like Robert Downey Jr. actually haha,  but he gave a great "object talk" about making our hearts grow like a garden of flowers instead of being like a rock. It was life changing I think. Then Sunday we had a general authority broadcast for Italy, France, Switzerland, Holland, and Belgium where Elders Eyring and Nelson spoke to us. A sister in my district, Sister Miles, is the granddaughter of Elder Nelson so he made a shout out to her during the conference and the whole congregation cheered because she was sitting right there with us. They spoke mostly about the family and raising children. It seems to be all I hear about from church leaders being out here on my mission. Raising a family and getting married, not things that should be on my mind right now haha. When come the talks on missionary work and all that good stuff? That’s what I need to hear! Another cool thing about the conference though is some english course students came to our surprise and....... had an AMAZING EXPERIENCE!  That makes 2 new investigators =) not bad huh? Our branch president did a lot for them too so they had a really great time and felt the spirit real strongly. WOO!
         So that’s about it for this week. Me and Bradshaw are doing great. Work’s moving forward slowly but surely. We have these things here called Panzaroti which are the most delicious things ever. It's basically a folded over Pizza that is deep fried =O yeah amazing. Just not very good for you. I love you all and love the letters. Scott is really being an ace at writing me so keep encouraging him because his letters are hilarious (full of threats of what will happen if I come home early) haha funny kid. Let him know that the only thing sending me home is if I get shot or struck by lightning, something along those lines so very unlikely =) Miss you and Arrivederci!!
       Con amore,  Anziano Kyle Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment