Rome, Italy

Rome, Italy
Montesilvano, Italy

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Sassari, Sardinia - 4/18/2012


Dearest Family and friends,
          Well what can I tell you about this last week? Oh, first before I forget I should mention I really love the letters Kristin sends me every week but her hand writing is near impossible for me to read (I guess she takes after her big brother, haha). So ask her nicely if she could write a little neater for my sake.
         So this week was a week of awesomeness. Maurizio continues to express a desire to serve a mission and is really working hard towards his baptismal date. We are very excited for him. Also we had a lot of investigators in church this Sunday including Adhemar, Maddelena and Enoch. The gospel principles lesson was a little crazy though because we talked about the spirit world and Enoch and Adhemar both explained that they don't believe in spirits! WOAH! Somebody missed something in the Plan of Salvation lesson. So we gotta take a step backwards with them =P  Maddalena however defended us which was a surprise which means she closer to baptism than I thought. I guess she does have a bit of testimony =) that was real neat.  Another neat experience was that yesterday while teaching Margarita (Adhemar's niece,  after watching the restoration film with her we asked her  if she prayed and asked about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. She responded by saying yes and that she had received an answer just in the way we explained and that she believes it all. So now we plan to set a baptismal date with her this upcoming week.  So when I Email you guys next week I'll be sure to let you all know what has happened.
       So the work here is going abastanza bene. The zone conference in Cagliari went great too. I was able to have an interview with President Kelly too. He asked me whether I wanted to stay here or go to a new area.  It was the last day before transfers and I told him what I would like(to stay) and he granted my wishes. He's so nice and such an inspired man. He told me that I am the "comedian of the mission" now.   I'm not sure if that’s good or bad but he told me that I'm the most lively and happy missionary in the field right now haha. He told me to keep it up because apparently my good spirits keep people going =) that was real nice of him to say. I told him I try to do what I can, I have tried to sorta maintain an attitude of laughing off the difficult times and awkward situations. I found there is always something to laugh about and it's what keeps me going because the work here is real hard at times and a little discouraging. =P but whatever, things are going awesome here right now so I don't even need to pretend to be happy. Did you guys know that I have learned how to play piano during the mission? Some branches have few members and no one who can play the piano so I have had to pick up my old piano lessons and now I can play quite a few church hymns =) plus other cool things =)
     Well have a great week everyone and I miss you all. Keep up the good work at all the amazing things you are doing and especially Scott at beating that JV backstroke record. YOU CAN DO IT!! Don't let him do anything stupid ok? Haha I'm also amazed at how much he writes me, Way to go Scott! Mike needs to write me more. He’s being a slacker haha. Love you all e ci sentiamo più tardi!
                Vi voglio tanto bene,  Anziano Kyle Hill
p.s. I’m still here in Sassari still with Anziano Lacey =) so yeah =)

No comments:

Post a Comment