Rome, Italy

Rome, Italy
Montesilvano, Italy

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Sassari, Sardinia - 4/26/2012


Dear Family,

            Sorry it has taken me so long to write you. It was a holiday here in Italy yesterday so everything was closed. I gotta make this E-mail fast though. Yesterday they celebrated the "Day of Liberation". It’s a celebration of their liberation from fascism by the Americans during World War 2. I think it's funny because the Italians dug that hole and put themselves in it. We Americans saved them from themselves! But I guess here in Italy they are always looking for excuses to try and create a holiday. There was also a huge communist sardo independence parade yesterday. There are a lot of commies here with the red flags with sickle and hammers and everything. There is a large movement here in Sardegna for independence from Italy. A bit of a communist revolution too. So we tried our best being easily recognized as Americans to avoid ALL OF THAT haha.
              As for the work here things are going fantastic. Couldn't be going better in fact. Adhemar told us the funniest stories last Tuesday about his Adventures in Bolivia. He says when he goes back there I need to come down and we can adventure together fighting off anacondas with sling shots and shovels and swimming through crocodile infested rivers. He is hilarious and I love him to death. He is also progressing quite a bit. We taught him the Word of Wisdom and he was way down for it. Enoch also learned the Word of Wisdom this week and is more than willing to follow it. Things with Maurizio are going well as for teaching but his situation at home seems to be getting much more difficult. He may have to move to Cagliari with-in the next few weeks. We hope he stays so we can see his baptism but if he has to go that’s what the Lord wants and our awesome companions there can teach him. 
          I saw the video of mike drumming and it pretty much blew my MIND!!! View here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--XqW7YPv7c   Snap he is getting so GOOD!!! When I get home we totally need to jam Mike! It makes me sad to see all my little siblings getting old =(  They are all so close to me and I don't want them to grow up! I still want to get home and be able to take both Mike and Scott in a wrestling match!
          So that’s about it cuz I gotta go. Have a great week and I love you all! VI VOGLIO TROPPO BENE!!! UN ABBRACCIO A VOI!!! 

Con amore,  Anziano Kyle Hill  

No comments:

Post a Comment