Rome, Italy

Rome, Italy
Montesilvano, Italy

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Sassari, Sardinia - 4/11/2012


Cari famiglia ed amici,
             Looks like you all have been having just the most awesome time this week. I loved all the photos you sent. Saw that Mike and Scott are still playing minecraft haha. I guess that game can never get boring. Neither do the Fenn kids, huh?  I miss all my little cousins so much. I am just so bad at writing letters. I hope everyone can forgive me. If I can push myself hard enough you guys will all have letters soon enough.
              So I assume that you would all like to know what we do here in Italy for Easter. Well they like to dress up in robes and costumes and walk down the streets in groups of thousands of people playing sad music and holding giant statues of crosses with Jesus on them and other giant statues of Mary. As for what we ate on Easter first; they make these giant chocolate eggs (as you will see in the picture I sent you) that are amazing and have a little gift in the middle. We ate a huge lunch of lasagna and after the lasagna we ate lamb. I have actually eaten a lot of lamb here in Sardegna. It's a common dish I just feel bad for the poor little sheep =( even if they taste delicious. That was essentially it for Easter.
              Our investigators are all doing great especially Maurizio. We plan on setting a baptismal date with him tonight at a lesson we have planned at the branch president’s house. I'm pretty excited for him. We get transfer calls this Saturday so we'll see if I'll be leaving or not. I'm not sure I'm leaving though so we'll see what goes down =) We have zone conference In Cagliari this Friday also so I'll talk to president about it before he makes the final choice, lucky us. I'm sending you a couple photos of the beautiful Sardegna and a cool little bridge in Olbia that goes out to this cool abandoned island where the elders there found some investigators a couple months ago.
             I miss you all and hope you all have a fantastic week. Ci sentiamo e vi voglio troppo bene!
Con amore,   Anziano Kyle Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment