Rome, Italy

Rome, Italy
Montesilvano, Italy

Monday, April 9, 2012

Sassari, Sardinia - 4/4/2012


Hello everyone,
       Another e-mail and another week =) I would like to start by mentioning how much those pictures of Kristin scared me. She is getting way too old and more teenager like and not like a little girl I remember =P I don't want to believe it haha. I hope you're having fun painting the front room red. While you're at it maybe you could paint mine green again. And there has been nothing mentioned about the letter I sent to Scott about 2-3 weeks ago. Let me know if he got it or not.(He did)
      So about this week...a lot has happened. Maybe a couple weeks ago I told you about this 21 year old punk we're teaching named Maurizio. Well we kinda thought he just talked to us because he liked hanging out with Americans however this week that all kinda changed. He came to conference both for Saturday Morning Session and funny enough randomly showed up for priesthood but that was good for him I think. During Priesthood Session he asks me about "the laying on of hands" something he heard during conference and was interested in. I told him about the priesthood and how we do blessings, ordinances and baptism and even showed him our baptismal font. He's got some trials and hardships in his life and some things to overcome but he expressed an open desire to be baptized and even to... get ready for this...... SERVE A MISSION!..... yeah, I guess you don't really know him but if you met him you wouldn't think that he's the kinda kid who would want to serve a mission so this is big for us =) We are taught here in Europe that the #1 type of investigator we should find should be our replacement in the mission field and this is how we can make the church grow here in Italy. This is a big step in his life and I don't think it will be easy for him but we'll be there every step of the way and I'm sure he'll be a better missionary than I am one day =) also Adhemar is progressing a ton. Him and his whole family. We have started to teach his wife's cousin and her daughter. We hope to soon also be teaching his son. We still have to work our way into teaching the wife and the oldest daughter because they are pretty tight with the Jehovah Witnesses.
Basically the work is going amazing here right now and we are teaching many lessons and finding a lot of new people to teach. Not quite sure why but I have never seen the work better here. This is actually some of the best I've seen things in my whole mission. I know I've been here in Sassari a long time but I think I'm going to ask the Mission President if I can stay another transfer because I really love the relationship I have developed with these people we are teaching right now and I just feel happy here.
     That's a brief description of what’s going on here, it would take a long email to describe it all so I'll keep it at this. Enoch, Maddalena, and many others are also progressing =). We had an awesome P-day last week with the Assistants and another awesome one today. Saturday before conference we spent all day in a beautiful city named Alghero with the Mangoni family (He's the one who's a crazy fan of grandpa Garth) They showed us all of these beautiful beaches and look outs all around the sea cliffs and mountains there. You should Google it. I'll send some pic's next week. Oh and as for conference I was able to see all the sessions. If I could pick some theme's #1 the family and strengthening families (especially liked Elder Ballards talk I think Sunday evening) #2 not envying or letting pride into our hearts and trying our best to reactivate those left behind. I'm bummed that last year while I was in the MTC I didn't get the chance to sing in conference that would have rocked.
      As for Easter I will be eating at the home an English course student =) and potential investigator. Her name is Lorenza and her husband comes to English course every once in a while also. As for Easter I have no idea what they eat and I'll let you know next week haha. And as for traditional things just think of every major catholic thing to do with this week and it’s a holiday or a huge ceremony here in Italy.
     So that’s about if for now. I'll talk to you all next week and stay awesome  =) love you all and love the mail. Vi voglio troppo bene, mi mancate, e ci sentiamo
        Con un saco di amore,     Anziano Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment