Rome, Italy

Rome, Italy
Montesilvano, Italy

Monday, April 9, 2012

Sassari, Sardinia - 3/21/2012


Carissimi Amici,
          I have no idea how to start this letter for some reason so I'm just gonna jump right into it by answering the questions you asked. Your postage seems to be getting here just fine. Looks like you've been cheating the system or maybe the post office hasn't really been checking if you put on the right amount of stamps.. It is getting a bit warmer here now so yes I guess one could say its becoming spring. The Island is beautiful during the spring. Everything blooms and it all turns green and stuff. And the sea here is a beautiful crystal clear blue. This Island is a paradise. I'm with the same companion Anziano Lacey still. He’s a great kid and we get along real well. I'm not sure how much he likes me though, that’s another story, I mess with him a lot like I do with everyone but in the end we all can have a good laugh.
         So you want to know a little about the members here in Sassari huh? There are some members that are amazing and I love them to death and then there are some members that make it tough, just like every church congregation. I love them all though. I have some funny stories too but for the fact that they may or may not read my blog we can save it for when I telephone you on mother’s day =). They are so helpful to us though. This Sunday we were at the Carboni's house for lunch and Fratello Carboni put some ricotta cheese on his pasta that they stored in a vanilla gelato box. Anziano Lacey apparently didn't quite know what ricotta was and thought that Fratello Carboni was putting vanilla ice-cream on his pasta so he asked Fratello Carboni "Does pasta taste good with gelato? I've never tried that." At that moment F.llo Carboni almost died of laughter, and then we all explained to Anziano Lacey what ricotta was. It was classic.
         I could honestly tell you a million stories of funny or amazing stuff that happens when we are walking around, I write them all down in my journal. We can all read them together when I get home okay? It will be easier that way. And our soccer game in Olbia was fun but the grass was all wet so we were slipping all over the place. I must have pulled the splits like 4 times. It actually probably wasn't the smartest thing to do as missionaries because there was a high probability of injury. Meno male no one got hurt too bad.
          As for our investigators all is going very well. Enoch has a baptismal date for the 14th and came to church this Sunday for the first time, that was amazing. Then Adhemar and Maddelena are both incredibly close to a baptismal date also. Adhemar after finishing 2nd Nephi skipped to Mormon just to find out what happens in the end haha. THEY ALL DIE!! It’s really a tragedy the whole thing. We have found some other new investigators that seem very promising. We'll see how it goes and I'll have more info for you guys on it next week.
         I miss you all, and have a great week everyone. I love the e-mails and letters. The guy on the computer next to me smells weird but he's reading an article on Mitt Romney strange enough haha looks like he took another primary in Illinois? Haha once again it’s so funny how into this stuff the Italians are when I’m not even sure they understand what the Rep. Primary is or how our election process works. Love you all. e ci sentiamo più tardi ok?
               Con amore,   Anziano Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment