Rome, Italy

Rome, Italy
Montesilvano, Italy

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Sassari, Sardinia - 1/25/2012

Caro Famiglia,

Hey. What’s up? I am doing fantastic! As for big news this week we got transfer calls. I am staying in Sassari (no surprise) Anziano Harris is going to Messina in Sicilia. If you remember I have been there before so I know what he's going into. I don't know if he’s quite ready for Sicilia, he still complains when people feed him too much food so he’s really gonna have to learn how to stop being such a baby haha. Funny story real quick. We were at a members house a couple weeks ago and they fed us a lot of food (not more than I had had before but more than Anziano Harris was used to) So when we reached the last plate which was some giant slices of fruit cake =P the members left the room for a sec and Anziano Harris stuffed the fruit cake into his pocket! That dirty little cheater!! I was so mad at him. After we left he threw the fruit cake off the bridge on the way to our house. I told him he won't be able to pull that off in Sicilia so he'll really have to man up. My new companion will be Anziano Lacey. I know him pretty well already because he's coming from Olbia which is 2 hours away so he’s in my district. We were actually together when transfer calls came because there was a baptism in Olbia we attended so when they called Anziano Gatchel (the AP) told me my new companion was probably standing right next to me haha. Anziano Lacey is from Apple Valley CA so not too far from us. Actually our whole district is almost all Californians Anziano Vitali, the zone leader in Olbia, is from around Chino Hills area. The only out cast is Anziano Bradshaw from Orlando FL but he rocks anyways. So that’s what’s going on here.

Funny thing. I heard Mitt Romney lost SC here in Italy. It was in the news weirdly enough. They follow the American politics more than their own I think. I got the package too! WOO!! and a couple letters from Scott, Kristin, Hannah, Eliza, and a couple from you, mom. It’s been a good couple weeks for mail. Keep up the good work.

Something neat this week. If you want to know what I did last Tuesday and Friday read Jacob chapter 5. Sardegna being in the same climate zone as Palestine grows the same kinds of plants. Therefore Olive Orchards and Vineyards are very common. In fact F.llo Carboni in our branch has many Olive trees and this week we pruned, dunged, trenched, grafted, and in the end burnt branches. It was hard work but also very rewarding because if you know me burning things is always a pleasure. I'm not sure how much of the lost house of Israel we gathered but we sure burnt a lot of them haha. As for the literal work we are doing to gather Israel F.llo Marras brought his fiancé to church and she is now a new investigator. That stud knows how to get missionary work done. He met her in some sort of interpretive dance class or something like that. She’s from Cordoba Argentina and way cool. We are gonna have some really good next months I think. There is a lot of potential in some of the people we are teaching. GO MISSIONARY WORK! WOO!!

Well I love you all and hope you all have a fantastic week and stay awesome. Remember to be excellent to each other and party on dudes. Mi mancate, Vi voglio bene, e ci sentiamo!

Con Amore, Anziano Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment