Rome, Italy

Rome, Italy
Montesilvano, Italy

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Sassari, Sardinia - 2/1/2012


Caro Famiglia e Amici,

               Well it’s been a good week. The work is going well and everything seems to be settling in with Anziano Lacey. He's a funny kid. Loves making movies and stuff. He talks about movies a lot.  He's probably seen every film known to man I'm pretty sure. We tear it up here with the work also. It's gonna be a good transfer I think. We could very well have 2 baptisms this transfer =) I'm very excited. Maddelena and Maurizio. They are all so involved in the church that Anziano Lacey thought they were members already when he came to church for the first time this Sunday. We had branch conference this Sunday also. The district council came and we had some excellent lessons. In priesthood we talked about scheduling out time and putting the Lord first, and I thought to myself how this lesson really doesn't apply to us missionaries because when it comes to scheduling we don't have to worry about prioritizing spending time with our families, going to work, or having fun because our schedule is already made for us haha. Teach, proselyte, eat, learn, and sleep, and on Wednesdays "prepare" haha. So we never have scheduling dilemmas. But it was a good lesson for the rest of the Branch. Maybe it will get them all psyched about missionary work. 
            Sunday night we got to have a beautiful experience. A member of our branch F.llo Moro (perhaps one of the first members in Sardegna) sings in a chamber choir that was celebrating its 90th anniversary so they had a concert in an old catholic church in centro. There were 4 groups that preformed and his group sang last. It was beautiful. And I don't know how often you find yourselves in 14th century Catholic churches but the acoustics are beautiful. And I love chamber choir music; O Magnum Mysterium and Ave Maria by Franz Biebl were my favorites of the night. It was really amazing. I love this place. I will start learning Latin after this mission I'm pretty sure. It is such a beautiful language and Italian is the closest language to it so that might help out.
               What else...... I got another letter from you guys. I get letters pretty regularly now so I guess I can say that they are arriving. I wanted maybe to give Mike's a specific shout-out though because that picture was one of the craziest things I have ever seen but I will let you know that I understood it perfectly the second I saw it. I understood the meaning of every symbol but I also understood the one that said "do not tell anyone about any of this" so your secret message is safe with me. Thank you so much for all your letters I really appreciate them. Keep'em coming. I pray for you all every day and hope you have a great week. I miss you all and love you all. Stay fantastic. 
               Con Amore,
                          Anziano Kyle Hill
          

No comments:

Post a Comment