Rome, Italy

Rome, Italy
Montesilvano, Italy

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

9/5/2012 - Bitonto, Puglia


Cari Tutti,
        I have noticed that you have not updated my blog for a long time, almost a month! If it means I should send more pictures to you guys let me know so I can take more. This week has some super big news.... Piero will get baptized!!! On the 22nd, so in 2 weeks. We are gonna go down to the sea and do it early in the morning right on the beach here, if everything goes to plan =) exciting huh? We meet with him almost every day now too. He has progressed a ton. He has seen a ton of miracles in his life too in the last couple weeks. Things are just starting to work out for him =) and he is happier than ever. His roommate Rocco though is an interesting guy. Last night we were talking to Piero about Tithes and Offerings and him and Rocco argued for a solid 40 minutes yelling at each other whether or not catholic priests get paid and what they do with the money haha =P it was all ridiculous though and they were both right. You see, Italians love arguing, but they hate listening or being patient, so you end up with huge arguments that solve nothing because they are just yelling at each other about the stupidest things and usually they are arguing the same point so they both agree in the end. Italians drive me nutz sometimes, I’m not kidding. But I love them. So that’s about it for Piero. 
        Our English course is about to start but I think the only students are going to be girls between the ages of 14-22 because those are the only ones that seem real interested in learning English and spending time with two 20 year old American guys =P haha. We have to be very careful as missionaries because the girls here are a little crazy and once the words " VENGO DA LOS ANGELES" come out of your mouth they are asking you to marry them and take them with you. I have been proposed to more than once this week.  If it only was this easy when I wasn't a missionary haha. So we avoid talking to, sitting next to, or being around, in general, large groups of teenage girls because they are all maniacs. 
        The big family we are teaching is very difficult to commit to things so we have to work very patiently with them but with time we hope things will get better. We have done a lot of finding and traveling too. =) That’s about it though for our work here.
         You are all in my prayers okay? And I pray you travel safely. Tell Mike college won’t be too crazy. I'll send him a little email this morning giving some advice and stuff. I wrote letters to all you guys too except Mike because I won't know his address. So tell Kristin to not give up on looking in the mail box because something should " FO SHO" be coming. It will be weird having one less place at our table but it won't be that way for long and Mike isn't really gone. He's still around and can still call you guys or talk whenever he wants not like me who can only send this little email once a week. And next summer we will all be together again as a family at home for a good 5-6 months before Mike leaves on his great adventure to evangelize the world. And it means I get my stinky orange room back when i get home =) mwahaha. Well I miss and love you all. I am gonna write Mike something to his email now so make sure he checks it in the morning and let him feel free to respond even if I might not be able to read it until next week. =) Have a great trip and a great week. 
       Con amore! più che sapete! 
                                  Anziano Kyle Hill     

No comments:

Post a Comment