Rome, Italy

Rome, Italy
Montesilvano, Italy

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

8/8/2012 - Bitonto, Puglia


Ciao tutti,

        Sorry mom. I was at the internet point to email and then had to book it to catch a train. We went to this awesome place called Albero Bello. It was super neat. There are all these stone/hut looking houses and a huge amazing gothic cathedral. A miracle happened on the train there too. We met the head director of "Monster" (those energy drink things) on the train. He was a super cool guy but even more so, a man in search of truth and God. He had studied with all religions trying to find the truth but says he still can't find it. He has much faith and believes strongly in Jesus. Even more so he thought the Book of Mormon was the coolest thing ever and said he'd try to read the whole thing as he got off the train. He is gonna come to Bari in his car this week to come to church and see everything. To our misfortune he lives in the Bari Anziani zone so he is their investigator now. It was a real miracle though. 
          This week has been fun. We had Zone Conference so I got to see a bunch of old friends and the Assistants (being old companions and best buds) came to our apartment to crash for the night. It was really good. I had an interview with President where he pretty much told me that I wouldn't be serving another transfer with Anziano Bradshaw =P bummer. He also hinted that I may or may not be training........... Yeah that would be nutz. A great way to ruin some young new missionaries’ entrance into the field, haha just kidding. After the conference the rest of the week went well. We have seen Piero and the Papapico family. Both are progressing quite well. We were able to hand out book of Mormons to the Papapicos and talk about the restoration quite a bit. It was a very spiritually fulfilling lesson and they all recognized the spirit.
           Still translating this Sunday. Getting much better at it. It's neat to see how far I've come with the language. I'm fluent in Italian haha, who would have ever thought? I can't wait to speak it all the time around you guys back home, it will drive you all nutz haha =) 
           Well I love and miss you all. I'm writing letters to all of you guys so you should have some stuff in the mail in a couple weeks. Stay awesome! I loved the pic of you with the potato gun mom. Me and my comp had a good laugh. You are way too cool haha. Have a great week and tante belle cose. 
        Con amore,
                  Anziano Kyle Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment