Rome, Italy

Rome, Italy
Montesilvano, Italy

Monday, September 24, 2012

9/19/2012 - Bitonto, Puglia


Ciao Tutti!

         I would first off like to tell you all that it’s incredibly possible that I could get transferred in 2 weeks. So as for letters and packages, send them to the mission office in roma (if I’m lucky that’s where I might get transferred to anyways *fingers crossed*) So once again, NOTHING TO MY ADDRESS IN BITONTO! Or I will never see your stuff. Transfers are Wednesday the 3rd of October so I will be spending general conference and my birthday with a new companion and in a new city probably =P Who knows president Kelly is actually ridiculously unpredictable with transfers so no one really has any idea for sure unless he tells you straight up. As for things I would desire in a birthday package....... =) PEANUT BUTTER!!! Even if the whole box was just that I would be in heaven. Italians don't know what they are missing out on. I'm fine with clothing and stuff. I found out how to get stuff here in Italy at pretty nice prices too =) AND I MEAN REALLY NICE PRICES (us missionaries "know people" if you catch my drift) So don't be surprised if you pick me up at the airport and I'm wearing a perfectly fit Armani Suit that I got for 60 euros....... =P Here in Italy, if you know the right places to go, with the right people, knowing the right things to say, you can get a good deal on almost anything. Just don't ask questions like "how" or "where" haha I know its super sketch but for some reason sketch people love the missionaries. I'll leave it at that =)
            Piero is getting closer to baptism but just like with anybody who decides to make a big step towards Jesus Christ, the whole world can collapse on them. This week has been VERY HARD on Piero so keep him in your prayers because he needs it. Our English course is going well too. We have some older students now so it’s not just 16-18 year old girls trying to flirt with us the whole time. We actually find ourselves talking about the church to a couple of our new students so we'll see how it goes. There is a bit of promise. 
           I also have an interesting story for you guys this week. And I could be even more interesting after tonight. We have been working a lot with a 22 year old kid named Pietro (to give you an image of what he looks like think of a young slightly darker skinned Steven Tyler, he honestly looks like a character you can pick on guitar hero haha). So Pietro is a hard core rocker too and we help him every time to time learn songs in English so he can sing them with his rock band. We have done this for a couple months and tonight they have a concert. However............ they have internal issues in the band and one of the guitarists backed out at the last minute, and Sunday night they asked me (having shown them a thing or two on guitar while helping them) if I could play for them at their concert tonight =P Live in front of hundreds of people. I asked my "ranking officials" if I could do this and because today is P-day and the songs we are playing aren't anything inappropriate so I got the good to go. So if next week you get some pictures of me rocking out on stage with an Italian Steven Tyler now you know why. We will play "Another Brick in the Wall" and "Knocking on Heavens Door" songs I knew how to play before anyways =) This could be quite the experience. Maybe I could publicize the church or English course a little too =) The kids in the band and all their friends remind me so much of Italian versions of all my friends back home its kinda weird actually. So we'll see how it goes. (So as Kyle’s parents we are kinda hoping that this didn’t actually happen, but I guess we’ll see when we get next weeks letter).
          I leave it at this for my email. I'm glad to hear everyone got my letters. Know I'm just waiting on yours. If you send letters to my Bitonto address before Friday this week I probably will get them before I leave so don't worry if you still want to send something. I love and miss you all. Vi voglio bene
          Con amore,  Anziano Kyle Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment