Rome, Italy

Rome, Italy
Montesilvano, Italy

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Sassari, Sardinia - 5/9/2012


Caro famiglia ed amici,

               So this week was slow. We have been in Cagliari all week for zone conference and just got back tonight after spending P-day there. I’m sending you a bunch of pics from it. We went to a place called Devil's Saddle. You can Google it. It was a way sweet hike. We got up at 4:30 in the morning so we could see the sunrise over the mountains =) It was beautiful. And you can see the whole city of Cagliari from there! It was really great. There are some cool old 15th century Spanish towers we climbed too. Also I ate this cheese called "worm cheese" It is the only thing Sardegna is really famous for haha. It's this illegal cheese that literal is filled with these little worms that jump everywhere. Every missionary that comes here apparently has to eat it, so we got our shot. It tasted like gorgonzola mixed with ammonia cleaners and del scorcho hot sauce, so it was disgusting. And all the little worms jump around in your mouth too. Way gross. But it was one of those things you just gotta do if you come to Sardegna. 
              I'm very excited for our Skype call this Sunday. Anziano Lacey plans on talking to his family at 2:00 pm Sunday afternoon here. That's 5 in the morning for you guys but I guess his family just really loves him. If you guys want me to come on an hour later I can. Just know I'll be here logged on at 5 Sunday morning your time.
            I'll actually be on the internet tomorrow morning because with traveling today and stuff I'm really rushed right now and still have to email my mission pres. so respond tomorrow. And we can discuss it still.
           Work is going fantastic here. Got a new investigator named Javier. He is really cool and basically wants to get baptized as soon as he can because he has this girlfriend in Brazil whose a member and told him to prepare himself to marry her in the temple, so he found us, not us him haha. He is really awesome. Everyone else is really the same. I'll have more info next week on all these guys. It's just been hard to see people this week.
              I love you and miss you all. Talk to you all Sunday =)
                        Con amore, Anziano Kyle Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment