Rome, Italy

Rome, Italy
Montesilvano, Italy

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Sassari, Sardinia - 2/29/2012


Hello

This is my weekly e-mail to you. =) aren't you all so excited to see what kinda crazy awesome things happened to me this week?!?!?! Oh the suspense!!! Well to start off I'd like to tell you I've been hit by another car. I got hit last night while crossing the street. It is kinda funny because I was crossing in front of a stopped car but the man decided to start driving right as I was in front of him and totally hit me. I was okay though he didn't get me too bad. As I walked by the first thing he says to me (just so you can kinda get an idea of the Italian way of thinking) is "non si passa qua!" which means "one doesn't cross here!" haha instead of asking if I was okay. That's so typical Italian though, to always blame someone else even if you hit them with your car. It's like… excuse me IM WALKIN HERE! Yeah so as for mega interesting things, that kinda top's off the week =) I'm okay though no injury whatsoever other than a nice bruise on my leg. 
   So the conference in Roma was awesome. Elder Texiera gave us excellent training. What amazed me though is when he concluded he didn't talk so much about the mission but how the mission is preparing us for life. He made sure that we understood that after the mission there is no going back to the same life you had before and if you think you are, or even have the desire to, the mission is not having the effect on you it is designed to and it will all be in vain no matter how many souls you saved or people you baptized as long as you don't change yourself. I have noticed a lot recently that the church has really been cracking down on R.M.'s(returned missionaries) too. I'm guessing there are a lot of guys today who are coming home from their missions and still kinda of just putting off things like marriage and a career. Elder Texiera told us that we should get married as soon as the opportunity is presented and just start life, career and a family right after the mission. A little intense but I think it was necessary. There are too many guys who come home from their missions and become inactive members or just sit around not doing anything. I promise you guys that won't be me after the mission. Anziano Texiera set me right. He told us that there are so many blessings waiting for us in a family and a career why wait to receive them if they are made available to us. So yeah that was about the gist of his talk. He talked a lot about missionary work too though and about finding more investigators and stuff like that. He gave us some really good encouragement to get the work moving along here. Italy is not doing too well when it comes to the growth of the church as you guys may be aware of so we needed Elder Texiera to come and tell us that we aren't doing a good enough job and need to kick it up a notch.
   Other than the conference nothing to crazy happened this week. I'm excited for Mike getting into byu I!! He gets to hang out with all my old friends. I will be sure to make them aware that he's coming.  They will take good care of him. Haha he might be happy to have a bunch of 21 year old girls to take care of him. =) Remember mom what I wrote you a couple months ago about asking questions in your emails?  You have forgotten so I will remind you again, if you have questions just list them off at the bottom of your email instead of scattering them all over the place in there or I have to keep going back and forth between emails and it's just a pain in the behind because sometimes these internet point computers aren't the most reliable or fastest things. So as for your questions. Yes, I traveled 4 hours on a train to Cagliari to arrive at the airport that takes me to Roma. The plane was great, it only took maybe 45 min to fly there. As for my clothing. It is all doing fine. I have bought some new stuff here. Italian suits and stuff are way better than American ones. And ALOT cheaper. I bought some really nice slacks last week for 5 euro a pop. We'll see how they hold up but I'm not too worried. I sent a letter to Kristin exactly 2 weeks ago so let me know when she gets it okay. I'm getting everyone’s mail I’m pretty sure so don't let anyone worry. I miss you all have a great week.
         Con amore
           Anziano Kyle Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment