Rome, Italy

Rome, Italy
Montesilvano, Italy

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Sassari, Sardinia - 2/15/2012


Ciao Tutti,

         To start off I wanna share an awesome thing that happened to us just this Monday. After knocking doors for about 4 hours and not really having much luck we decided to head back home because it was getting late. While waiting at the bus stop I was telling Anziano Lacey a story about some forest fires and forgot the word in Italian for "forest fire" so I got up and walked over to a guy waiting by us and asked him about it. He told me the word and I told him "thank you, I'm still learning Italian" and he told me that he was learning Italian too haha. I then asked him where he was from and he said Bolivia. He trains horses and has been here in Sassari with his family for 5 years working. He took the same bus as us so we continued our conversation on the bus. We than went on to talk about religion and he told us that he has read the whole entire Bible. He grew up in the Catholic church but did not agree with many of their doctrines. While here in Italy he started studying with the Jehovah Witnesses, but lucky for us he had issues with their doctrines also. So he basically got off the bus at his house and told us to come back the next day. OH YEAH! He was so nice too. We stopped by his house yesterday morning and taught a super powerful first lesson. Probably one of the best in my whole mission. We also brought him a bunch of materials in Spanish. He is going to talk to his wife and see if we can come back around Saturday. The problem is his wife and kids are all studying with the J.W.'s.  So we have some work to do but the spirit is good at taking care of that stuff. It's amazing though how this worked out. He is probably one of the best investigators we have found for a while. I'm very excited to see him again. He is such a nice guy and we are already like best friends.
         So other than that little miracle this week has been rough. The weather has been nutz here with more snow and more shut down public transportation. Not only that but this Sunday they CANCELED CHURCH!! Italians are a bunch of babies when it comes to the weather haha There are millions of people in Utah and Idaho who go to church through thousands of feet of snow!  I’m just kidding though we actually have a great branch here. The only lame thing was that our branch president decided to call everyone to tell them that church was cancelled, EXCEPT US. We got all ready to go when we got a call from the Olbia Anziani who asked what we were gonna do since church was cancelled and we said " WHAT!?!? church is cancelled?" Turns out they got cancelled too and indirectly heard through one of their members that ours was before anybody had done us the courtesy. So we commenced calling all of the members here and after 4 different people, one of them finally answered and made us aware that church was indeed cancelled. =P So no investigators in church this week. 
          Sorry I wrote Mike a letter and no one else. I figured he was a reliable source for some of the information I wanted and I am excited about his college applications to BYU. Today I will write everyone else so you can all feel wanted haha. And a note for next week. I will be E-mailing you Tuesday not Wednesday because I will be traveling to Rome next week for a big conference where Elder Texiera of the Quorum of the Seventy will be talking to us. Also I am still waiting on bank account info because my card keeps telling me to contact my bank (which I cannot do) so please get on that as soon as possible and get back to me. I really hope everything goes well with Brother Powell and let him know he’s in my prayers. To answer some questions you asked mom. No baptismal dates yet but I'll let you know first thing. The Muslim lady didn’t end up being very interested. oh well. I think they are almost harder to convert than Mormons haha. Oh and Kristin's letters are really starting to scare me a little because she sounds all teenagerish now and a lot less little girl. Well I guess she had to grow up someday. 
         I miss you all and love you all also! Have a great week and I'll hear from you guys next Tuesday okay? Be excellent to each other! and party on dudes. Vi voglio bene, ci sentiamo, e arrevederci!  

                     Con Amore,  Anziano Kyle Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment