Rome, Italy

Rome, Italy
Montesilvano, Italy

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Catania, Sicily - 10/5/2011

Ciao Tutti!

Come state voi!!! I am doing great. I am going up to the top of Mt. Etna again today!! WOOO!!!! Another awesome volcano trip!! I’m so excited. We have zone conference again tomorrow. I'm very excited for that also. This week has been pretty great. Me and Anziano Andersen have been doing work. We are going to start working with the ward list because we have about 110 active members here but 500 people on this ward list so we have quite a bit of contacting and finding to do. It’s pretty crazy. We found awesome new investigators this week too. Things are starting to move forward here again. Samuel and Rose our refugee investigators are getting ready to be baptized not this Saturday but the next one. I have never met someone with so much faith in my whole life. They are honestly in the worst situation they could possibly be in. Losing everything because of a war, escaping to a foreign country where you don't speak the language and literally having nothing. Finding work but not being able to be hired because you are waiting on documents through the Italian bureaucratic system, which if you thought the bureaucracy in America was bad you won't be able to comprehend it here. No food, pregnant wife, horrifying living conditions, they are honestly brought to the most humble level I have ever seen anyone be in my whole life but over it all they do not care about their situation. What they want to be is be baptized because they hope, no they know that if they are baptized the Lord will bless them and that they will overcome these hardships. They have more faith than anyone I know. They are truly putting their lives in the hands of the Lord. They are an example to me of true humility, true faith, and true and complete trust in the Lord. I aspire to be that faithful one day.

We were able to watch a bit of conference this week. I saw both Saturday morning and afternoon. I will have to watch the others at another time or read them in the ensign. So another temple in Provo? That blew my mind a little that they are turning the old tabernacle into a temple!!! Way exciting. Also the temple announcements sort of testified of the growth of the church in Africa. 2 new temples there. If there's one thing I know about Africans is that they are a very humble people and those are they that accept the gospel. My favorite talks were the ones by Elder Scott about memorizing scriptures because they all become like little friends you can always count on, and the other one I loved was Elder Uchtdorf's about how even though God has created every little thing in the universe and it seems that man is nothing, God's real purpose and all he wants is for us to return to him, he created it all for us!! I really liked those talks but all of them were great and I still have a lot more to listen to.

As for emails and mail this week I got one. An email from you mom haha. That was it. I'm glad to here that everyone is doing great back home and hope you are all doing well and having fun. It’s strange that kids can move onto our street and still have to go to high schools that are so far away when Hart is literally just down the street. Its way better too. I miss you all. Vi voglio bene e ci sentiamo

Con Amore, Anziano Kyle Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment