Rome, Italy

Rome, Italy
Montesilvano, Italy

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Catania, Sicily - 10/12/2011

CIAO!

Well I got ALOT of letters and stuff this week. Two packages this Sunday. One from home full of amazing stuff and great little letters. =) I loved them all and I've already eaten half the stuff in there and thanks for the sweater that will be sure to keep me warm this winter. The other package was delicious snickerdoodles from the Lindsays. I got a letter from Grandma Nancy too. As for emails: you, dad, Aunt Kathryn, Aunt Kristin, and Aunt April. Thank you so much for the letters and emails guys they are great. I especially loved the pictures Aunt Kathryn sent me. There was one of me as a baby with Grandpa Howard. It made me cry a little. I always like to think here on the mission that while I'm working, grandpa is right there standing next to me encouraging me. The truth is the spirit world is not too far away, in fact its right here around us, and sometimes like Brigham Young said the veil can get very thin. I always like to think I have an army of ancestors guiding me around. =)

So as for the work, we are doing pretty good things here. The sisters had a baptism last Saturday and will have another this week. Things are going very well here. As for Samuel and Rose we are honestly seeing miracles. As I told you last week he doesn’t have anything but faith that God will help him. He needs to get to Rome to go to the embassy to get his documents but the thing is that he has no money for a ticket to Rome. Us as missionaries can give him nothing which at times is very hard but it’s the rules. So we told him that by faith and prayer he will somehow find a way to get the 100 Euros to get to Rome. Well this is where it gets good. After a week of trying and trying, the embassy calls and says they will buy his ticket back home. And then on the same day a man at the hospital gives him money to by the rest of the ticket! The way literally just came out of no where. The guy has more faith than I have ever seen in my life. We will see good things come from him and his wife Rose. And God does provide a way and bless his children no matter how hard or impossible things may seem "YOU ARE NOT INVISIBLE" -Elder Uchdorf, he gave a great talk Saturday morning last conference. I'm amazed at how anyone could possibly believe there is no God when miracles happen everyday right in your face. You might as well live your life blind. Open your eyes and you will see his love anywhere at anytime in anyone or anything. He is there. =)

Here in Italy I have learned how to drive stick and do not want to ever go back haha. The brakes were broken in our car and we had to go get the discs and pads replaced at a mechanic. I asked the office if I could do it myself and they freaked out at me. =P I could have saved the church a couple 100 Euros but they'd rather have a professional I guess. I love you all and miss you all tons. I had a great birthday with the missionaries here and the ward. Vi voglio bene e mi mancate!

Con amore, Anziano Kyle Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment