Rome, Italy

Rome, Italy
Montesilvano, Italy

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Catania, Sicily - 10/19/2011

Hello tutti,

I really am not quite sure what to write to you guys this week. Things are normal here and everything is just well... fine. Teaching goes good and so does finding. Nothing crazy happened this week really. Just normal missionary stuff.

We did scambi (exchanges) this Monday. So I was with Anziano Perry the zone leader from Messina which was really great.

We had a baptism for the sisters this Saturday for a lady named Lydia and she thought asked me to talk about the Holy Ghost during the baptism which was my first discourse in Italian but it was went by awesome. WOO!!

The refugees we have been teaching are doing awesome. =) They are actually from Ghana originally so they aren’t really Libyans. Samuel needed paper work to get his documents so that he could start working so he went to Rome last week and was able to get some help from his embassy there and it looks like everything is starting to go very well for them now. =) It’s really, in all honesty, a miracle how well things are going for them now, after what they have been through.

The Italians are great people just some are really not interested in us telling them that we don’t believe that Mary is a God and that we also don’t believe that saints do miracles. It’s a sensitive subject and their whole culture is based around this doctrine so it can make people very upset at our message.

Anziano Andersen loves it here. He has only served in little cities. Catanzaro in Colabria (the toe of Italy) and Olbia in Sardegna. So Catania’s a big change for him.

We haven’t seen Silvio anywhere for awhile, but I pray everyday that we will just bump into him.

President Kelly made sure during our last interview that I was aware to not trust that I would be staying in Catania for another transfer which in other words means I’m gone. So I should be leaving Catania in early November around the 5th so if you guys could plan mail accordingly so after October 26th send all mail to the mission home which is;

Anziano Kyle Hill

Missione Italiana di Roma

Piazza Carnaro 20

00141 Roma, Italia

So after the 26th mail stuff to that address instead of mine here in Catania. It will take a big surprise for me to stay but just know that I am probably gone. In all honesty I have done more time in this city than most missionaries do in any city.

As for letters and stuff I got an email from dad’s cousin John Keysor and emails from both you,mom, and dad. I got letters this week from you mom, Kristin my sister, and grandma Carolyn all very good stuff =) Thank you everyone for the letters I love them all. Oh and I got an email from aunt Kathryn, and that’s about it for this week. And thanks again I really love the mail. The port-man of our apartment who collects it all can bear witness of it.

I’m glad to hear those missionaries back home are committing those lazy bum brothers of mine to write me. Those missionaries must know what it’s like to not get mail from people. You guys should try and look up my old companion Anziano Medina and talk to him. He can tell you probably better than anyone how I was these last 5 months.

For this P-day we went down to Siracusa (Syracuse I think is what it’s called in English) We stood on the steps of the very temple where Paul taught the people there. Holy cow is it amazing to be in the same place as those guys and you can read about it too and it’s the same exact location. And to be doing the same thing in the same place just in a different time period. It all kinda blows my mind. I think I’m in the greatest mission in the world!!! I wouldn't give this up for anything!!! To stand along side the ancient apostles and bear testimony of Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior and the son of the Living God and how he suffered for all of our sins so that if we are baptized we can be saved from fault and be made perfect. That's about the basis of our message in a nut shell right?

Well I’m gonna go now. Nice to hear from you all and I miss you all. Vi voglio bene, Mi mancate e Ci sentiamo PiĆ¹ Tardi

Con amore, Anziano Kyle Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment