Rome, Italy

Rome, Italy
Montesilvano, Italy

Friday, September 2, 2011

Messina, Sicily - 8/31/2011

Hello,

I am in Messina again. This time though instead of being with a native Italian speaker I am with a greenie. We didn't do too bad yesterday though. I understood pretty well what people here were saying and was able to teach them. The problem is Anziano Davis doesn't really know the people we met very well because he has no idea what’s going on so it was kind of a toss up when we visited them because being from a different city I don't know anything. But we managed and we met some way awesome people. Something quite unexpected and amazing happened yesterday actually. We had an appointment fall through that we were supposed to do with a member. This member was about to go when Anziano Davis attempted to ask her for referrals. After helping her understand, Sorella Amata was about to call an inactive member that she’s friends with. As she picked up the phone to dial that number her friend actually called her at that exact moment. Coincidence? I think NOT! We went straight to this inactive member’s home. She was an older lady and was in a wheel chair. She had a lot of medical problems and trials. We taught her a little bit about faith and how when we do the things to grow our faith we get enough power to overcome the trials because we put our faith in the Lord. Then right before we left she asked us for a blessing. She told us that she’s very sick and she’s about to go into surgery. It’s quite amazing how the spirit creates these little promptings that lead us to places where someone is in need. Sono grato per il dono dello spirito santo. Mi guida, Me monstra la via e che cosa devo fare.

You asked a lot of questions in your email mom haha. I know you are way curios about stuff but please not so many questions haha. I have to write them all down and go back and forth from your email to this one and it takes a bit of time. I'll try and answer them all this time but next time ease up a little haha. I've got plenty of time to email because the sisters take about 2 hours anyways but if you have questions just stick them at the end of your email in a nice little list so I don't have to traverse the letter for them. haha thanks =)

(following, are answers to all of my questions)

So first, this week I did get a package from grandma =) It was awesome!! I'm actually wearing the cool green tie right now. And the wedding invitation is awesome! I feel like part of the family again haha.

Silvio is doing excellent!! He gets baptized next Saturday on the 10th! He met with the bishop for a whole HOUR last Sunday! It was crazy and when they came out they were like old friends, best buds. Silvio comes to church, reads the Book of Mormon and does it all. He is Awesome. Ben and Carlo are doing great too. Coming to church every Sunday and all that other stuff =) it rocks.

Local vendor friends? Haha I don’t know other than fratello giardino our fruit guy friend who’s a member we aren’t really buddy buddy with any other fruit guys haha. I've grown to know the ward pretty well though. We have some way awesome members here.

General Conference- I have no idea what I'll do. My companion didn’t even get to see the last one. But we get the Liahona here every month and can read them.

As for my birthday, I was thinking about that too and here’s the thing. My glasses were lost on the way to Italia from the MTC. I've looked everywhere and we even contacted the MTC in case I left them there but they don’t have them there either. So all I want for my birthday would be a pair of glasses. The same frames I had last time too. That’s all I want because I’m tired of having to wait for the last minute to take on and off my contacts because in all honesty I am blind without them haha.

Well I miss all of you =) I’m doing great and everything. I hope you all stay safe and have fun and choose the right and all that good stuff =) Just know I'm fine and I'm happy. I was gonna send you guys a bunch of pictures but the computers here at Messina are lame so you guys gotta wait a week. Vi Voglio Bene! Vi amo e Ci Sentiamo

-Con amore

Anziano Kyle Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment