Rome, Italy

Rome, Italy
Montesilvano, Italy

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Catania, Sicily - 9/8/11

HEY everyone!

I'm so sorry about not emailing yesterday. We sat down to do email but I only had time to send my email to president because we received a call from our new friend brother Wolfgang from Germany. He’s a member from the Munich Stake in Germany and he came to Italy to try and by an old fiat 500 to restore it because you can buy then cheaper here than in Germany. He is a mechanic and loves restoring old cars. The problem is he doesn't speak Italian haha. So that’s where we come in. We went around with him yesterday from dealership to dealership translating for him to try and buy a quality car. He is way cool, but that is why you guys did not get an email yesterday. I am sorry.

I'm happy to hear I am getting my glasses =) It’s very hard having to keep my contacts in until the very second I go to bed. Soccer fever has taken over Italy now. You guys realize you are all Catania fans now haha. I bought a jersey for them just the other day, along with an Italia FIFA World Cup jersey even though we have a couple of years till that starts again. So yes FORZA CATANIA!! My favorite player is David Suazo.

Etna Blew Its Cap Today!! We woke up looked outside and everything was all chill and then half an hour later we go outside and there’s a pillar of fire shooting miles into the sky blocking out the rising sun over the ocean. It was crazy! I hear that its natural disaster madness around the world right now. Thought I’d tell you about Etna just to add to the chaos. Signs of the times my friends. Signs of the times. I hope everyone is okay though.

We have a way awesome investigator for the American branch named Samuel, a refugee from Libya but originally from Ghana. Him and his wife Rose got here from Libya 2 weeks ago and found our church while waking by. They recognized the LDS church because they had seen it in Ghana. Living in Libya they have not been able to practice Christianity for the last 5 years because of the Muslim population there. They are so humble and have been through so many trials. Especially with this war in Libya and losing everything there. Rose is 5 months pregnant too so life is very difficult for them here in Italy not having work, but Samuel says God will always help him. He is incredibly faithful. He has a contrite spirit and sincere heart and is full of humility. The gospel is for EVERYONE =)

Well vi voglio tanto bene. You guys are all awesome and I miss you all. Thank you for the glasses mom you rock. And I'll talk to you all next week.

Con Amore, Anziano Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment