Rome, Italy

Rome, Italy
Montesilvano, Italy

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

MTC-WEEK 7

Ciao!

I cannot believe that it’s already week 7. We leave in two weeks from yesterday. Time goes by so fast its crazy to think that I've been here at the MTC for almost two months. Its almost sad how fast time moves here on my mission, my journal is practically a novel. I write in it every night. So to answer a few questions for you mom; I totally love the letters with them calendar phrases on them, but your little phrases you wrote all over them are horrible Italian and even my teach laughs when he reads them so stick to the calendar when it comes to the Italian and don’t try anything fancy. Anziano Andersen is going to Rome with me; I really hope we end up being companions in the field because we work so well together. We get our travel plans within the next few days so next week I’ll be telling you my schedule and when I have lay-overs so I can call everyone. So far it looks like I could have up to 8 hours of lay-overs. Hows that sound =). We'll wait and see. My ankle and finger are getting better. I didn't see anyone for it, it didn't seem like such a big deal and I didn't wanna make a scene. I can play on my ankle and stuff, but as for my finger, no fist bumps or high fives to my left hand and I’m ok.

I thank you all for your prayers for my zone. I can see them working. Most Elders are doing much better and everything seems to have returned to normal. We had one elder go home this week =( but it was out of his hands. The new elders are very oblivious and as a zone leader I’m constantly having to remind them to do some very simple things. It honestly drives me nuts sometimes. But its just one of the challenges or trials we talk about so much. God wouldn't have made me a zone leader if he didn't want me to learn patience. Patience is the 2nd hardest thing I've had to learn here, right under humility. There is no where in the world more humbling than the MTC, and there’s no group of missionaries that can test my patience more than the new group of elders that just came in haha. Although they are a bunch of slackers I still love every single one of them and they are funny guys, just need a little trimming around the edges and they'll be perfect.

I would like my mission call mailed to me, or just a copy of it. President Uchdorf talked saying that as missionaries we need to carry our mission calls with us everywhere here on our mission. So if I could get a copy of that I would love it. That’s all I need right now. I can’t really think of anything else I’ll need while I’m here. From what I hear Italia is pretty efficient and I’ll be able to find most stuff there if I’m missing anything.

Alorra, Mi mancite e Vi voglio benissimo. Nella boca del lupo. Avete una bouna settemana.

Vi amo

Anziano Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment