Rome, Italy

Rome, Italy
Montesilvano, Italy

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Late Night Phone Call :)

Kyle called from London last night. He had a short layover there before his final leg to Italy. He sounded amazing. I woke up all of the kids to talk to him. Kristin cried this morning because she doesn't remember. (she was so tired) He bore his testimony in Italian and even though I couldn't understand what he was saying I could feel the Spirit touching my heart. I'm so proud of him and his choice to serve the Lord.
He told us there were 18 missionaries traveling together to the Rome Mission. Also, as his companion and him were waiting to go through security in Salt Lake Airport someone came up between them and put his arms around the both of them and asked where they were headed. When they responded Rome, Italy, he said, "not many missionaries get to go there." As he walked away they realized it was Elder Holland of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. =) They met up again a few minutes later and got pictures. He was actually on the first leg of their flight from Salt Lake to Chicago.
We can't wait to receive his next email. Here's a little excerpt from the last "surprise" email we received the day before he left....
...I can't believe I'm leaving already. This experiece has been one of the best of my life and I'm not even close to finishing. I wouldn't give this up for anything. My testimony has grown exponentially and even if I came home now I'd be 10x the person I was before I left. It takes about two weeks to get mail between Italia and the US and I can only send one e-mail to family when I'm in the campo.
Can't wait to talk to voy domani nel telephono! non aspeto niente.
Ci vediamo
Anziano Hill

1 comment:

  1. Surprise call - awesome! Meeting Elder Holland - awesome! His testimony - awesome! Almost makes up for the no race car driving today ;)

    ReplyDelete