Rome, Italy

Rome, Italy
Montesilvano, Italy

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

MTC - WEEK 6

Buona Pascua everyone!

To start I’d like to apologize for the confusion yesterday over not receiving an email from me. We had a sudden and unexpected schedule change and now my P-day is on Wednesday. This schedule change took place over the whole MTC. They are reorganizing many things regarding the schedule and what missionaries do at certain times. Our Branch presidency went to meeting where the leaders over the whole church missionary program and the MTC presidency explained that some "MAJOR CHANGES" are about to take place and they are reorganizing many aspects of the whole entire mission program. They shared a few of these changes with our branch presidency leaders and then told them not to share anything other than to expect major changes and that this schedule change is just preparation for something much much bigger. From what our leaders told us they said that these changes are "Bigger than the introduction of Preach my Gospel" to the mission program and that the church will fully implement and make an official statement on August 1st regarding these extreme changes to the church missionary program. Our leaders can’t tell us anything other than that but even they are amazed about what the church is doing, apparently this is very big and will affect the mission program everywhere and missionaries everywhere. So they are keeping us in the dark pretty much. It’s kinda like Christmas where you know you’re getting something big but can’t find out til Christmas. So as of now all we can do is wait and see what happens.

Other than having a new schedule some very interesting things happened this past week. We had Elder Richard G. Scott speak to us last Tuesday. He shared one of the most powerful testimonies of the divinity of Christ I have ever seen. Also we had Elder Dallin H. Oaks speak to us yesterday. He talked wonderfully about what our purpose is as missionaries and how to be successful missionary. I stood 5 feet from him. The closest I’ve ever been to an apostle. I waved and said hi but I don't know if he saw me.

I had to sit out of gym a couple of days last week because I sprained my ankle and I’m pretty sure my middle finger is broken, Did it all playing basket ball but I’m fine now. My finger just bends funny now. I'll show it to you when I get home in 2 years it looks kinda cool.

We got 16 new Italian elders today. I haven't met any of them yet but at 8 I and my companion have to introduce ourselves as zone leaders and show them around. I can’t wait to see them because it will show me exactly what I was like on my first day. I can't believe I’ll be in Italy in just 3 weeks. When I get my travel plans I’ll let you guys know when I have lay-over’s and can call home. The last group that left had almost 8 hrs worth of lay-over’s so a lot of time to talk on the phone. I should get my plans in a week or so. =) And the Wal-Mart picture thing works fine mom. I just get a little envelope from Wal-Mart with the pics in it.

I love everyone’s letters. I hope you all had a Happy Easter. I miss you all so much and all my little cousins. I'm bummed I missed the Easter choir program but if grandma and Aunt Kristin were singing in it, it had to have been wonderful. I sing in the MTC choir every Sunday and Tuesday. Nel boca di lupo.

Vi amo

Anziano Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment