Rome, Italy

Rome, Italy
Montesilvano, Italy

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

MTC - Week 4

Boungiorno Everyone,
Another callenging yet excellent week. We lost the older districts last Tuesday so we are now very lonely in our residence halls. We don't get new Italians for another 2 weeks so we have a bit of solo time. So we have some russian and finnish elders on our floor and well all i can say is that I am soooooooo happy im learing italian and not one of those languages! other than the fact that they are almost as ugly sounding as english they also have new grammer rules and a different alphabet. Italian has a 22 letter alphabet so there are actually less letters to worry about than in english. If you havn't noticed my english is kinda suffering from all the Italian ive been speaking and writing. I guess thats a good thing though. The gift of tounges rocks and i can bear testimony that it work, well.
We have had quite a tough last few days as a district. We have an Elder who is getting horrible migranes and may have to go home =( the dr. keeps giving him pain meds and not really doing anything about it. He was bed ridden all day yesterday and i traded with his companion on watching him. He expressed to me how much he loved his mission and how the last thing he wants is to go home. I felt really bad but i told him that if he does go home to think of all the amazing things weve learned already only being here 4 weeks, and how it has strengthend our testimonies amazingly. I told that these few weeks will still be a memory he will have for the rest of his life and the things he learned here are irreplacible. That helped him feel alot better, we all still pray long and hard for him everyday.
You asked a few questions last week mom but i didn't get your letter til tuesday night =P so it was to late. i write these early in the morning tuesday during my laundry time so if there are any questions send your "dear elders" saturday or sunday night so i get them monday afternoon and can address them in my email. So, to answer a few from last week: My whole zone is Italian but we are not divided into Milano and Roma Districts. Every district has a couple companionships go to either. and yes, those are the only two Italian missions. My companion is going to roma con mi but many of my friends here are going to milano and i will miss them. There are many more Milano missionaries than roma in our zone; it's the larger mission population wise. I have not found Elder Jones yet or "brother seth jones" because there is no time to do anything here =P im either always studding or working or something. I hope to find the time soon to see him thought because i miss him tons. I met two elders going to The SanFernando Mission yesterday. I told them that they are gonna love it and that they couldn't be going anywhere better (other than Italia of course). I have found CJ also. I saw him on his first day haha the kid looked so lost it was pretty funny. His companion is almost the exact opposite of him so we'll see how that goes.
So i asked a few questions last week but never got answers! Supposedly the federal gov't cant agree on a budget? Its shutting down this week? And we are now at war with Lybia? and the power plant in japan went into meltdown? Somebody help me with these questions because we dont hear anything inside the MTC bubble. Maybe aunt Kristin or Grandma can be my world events coordinator or something to keep me updated on whats going on outside the walls of the MTC haha =)
Well i love you guys tons and enjoy the letters and the little pictures from my cousins =) they make my day. And thanks for the letter from mike yesterday I loved it, and the pakage was awesome. Il send more pics soon.
Ci amo,
Anziano Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment