Rome, Italy

Rome, Italy
Montesilvano, Italy

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Sassari, Sardinia - 12/21/2011

Carissimo tutti e BUON NATALE!!

Well my beloved friends and family! Merry Christmas! What a wonderful time to take a little break from our crazy lives and sit down and relax, enjoy a nice hot cocoa by the fire, spend time with loved ones and family, and …. oh wait that's what you guys get to do..... I guess more like running around in a suit and tie proclaiming repentance to the inhabitants of Sassari to prepare them for the second coming of our Lord is more like what I'll be doing. WOO!!! So I guess you guys all are excited to talk to me this next week huh? I could say that I also am excited. Thanks for the Skype info Dad, I'm pretty sure I remember my password on my account I'm surprised I never gave it to you guys before I left, I gave you a little list with all me accounts and passwords on it. I really hope you still have that because I've forgotten everything facebook, e-mail, you name it. Also I have fantastic news. The Italian mail system pulled through quite fantastically. I received quite a few letters this week including: a letter from Grandma Nancy, one from Scott and Kristin, the one from all you guys with the family Christmas card in it, and one from Mom's beehive class. Oh and sopra tutto the package arrived!! It came Friday and I picked it up Saturday morning. We have made A TON of cookies and are still in the process of distribution. The Italians are NUTS about them. Like total maniacs. We left some in the church that we were gonna give to an investigator that lived nearby. We left a note on them and behind our backs some member ate the whole thing haha. Sneaky little boogers these Italians. The members have been taking really good care of us this Christmas season with a ward meal list. All wards here in Italy, unlike America, do not have a missionary feeding program and it is INCREDIBLY rare to eat at a members house, but our branch president here in Sassari is taking really good care of us for Christmas and we have dinner appointments booked for like the next 3 weeks =) Christmas will be nuts because we will eat lunch (largest meal of the day here) at a members house and then leave right after that to go eat dinner at another family's home. We are gonna be stuffed like turkeys.

So I watched the little YouTube video. Awesome, amazing little thing you guys made for me from my cousins. I was laughing my head off. I probably looked like a crazy person because we do internet here in a library. I miss all those little guys so much. Actually many aren't that little anymore. The trips look way older, and little Brandon isn't so little either. Thank you so much again for that It made my whole year =) Buon Natale Daniel, Abby, Lindsey, Matthew, Brian, Laura, Nicole, Nora, Ricky, Brandon, Hannah, Eliza, and Sophie!! I hope I didn't miss anyone.

Well I'm not quite sure what else to write that I won't be telling you next Tuesday haha. I guess I can say see you later, literally, like in less than a week. Or in Italiano diciamo così, Ci vediamo fra un po. Buon Natale di nuovo e Vi voglio bene. Arrivederci!!!!

Con Amore e Buone Feste,Anziano Kyle Hill

P.S. Attaching Some photos =)

Also I almost forgot. It snowed here last sunday night haha. It's incredibly rare here. I sent some photos. It's alot like california where it only snows maybe once every 15-20 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment