Rome, Italy

Rome, Italy
Montesilvano, Italy

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Sassari, Sardinia - 11/23/2011

Caro Famiglia.

To start this letter I'll answer a few questions. Yes it rained a ton in here in Sassari yesterday and Monday. It was pretty crazy. This is the rainy season though for Italy just kinda like how it is back home. So you can assume if it’s raining at home it’s raining where I am because we are the same climate. We have no car here either. We take buses and are on foot most of the time. Sometimes members give us rides back and forth places but not too often. The buses work pretty nicely here. As for Thanksgiving they do nothing here. I explained the story of Thanksgiving to my English course last night because they had no idea what it was. I couldn't remember however the name of the famous Indian dude who helped the pilgrims haha. So if someone could fill me in on that because it’s really been buggin me. So for Thanksgiving we will do nothing =( maybe eat a lot or something haha.

As for mail... still nothing. But I'll let you know when the package arrives. I hope the Jesus stickers hold up, and I get my good cookie stuff. Thanks again for it. You guys are awesome. I'll let you guys know if I get any mail soon too also. Haven’t gone camera searching yet. But I did do some window looking and saw some pretty good looking cameras for around £80-£100. So let me know what I should do.

As for this week. It’s gone pretty well. I've found a new favorite proselyting technique which involves us getting rid of excess materials we don't usually use by standing in a populated piazza and handing them out to everyone. We have over 1000 The Testimony of Joseph Smith pamphlets at our apartment and have been working our way through those because missionaries don't really use those on a normal basis. It's quite successful too. If someone is in a hurry they have something to read later and if they aren't they will actually stop and talk to us a bit about what it is. Thank goodness Joseph Smith was such a good looking guy or I don't know if as many people would have taken his pamphlet haha. One guy even told us after grabbing it that he was just gonna throw it away but then he noticed that this is a good looking guy so he'll read it. As for investigators nothing too much.

We'll that's about it from me this week. Oh I wanted to tell Dad I had a similar tie giving story but I told the guy it was one of my favorites but he wouldn't take it because he thought I liked it so much. I had to beg him to take it from me and finally he did. I love you guys and miss you all. Also I love being a missionary here in Italy, even if nobody here wants to listen to me! Which most don't, but whatever, life goes on. Have a good week and stuff and I'll talk to you guys later. Ya'll strait up legit fo-sho haha, I still got my gangsta talk, just don't try to repeat that phrase out loud mom or you'll just embarrass yourself, haha I’m just messin.

Con Amore, Anziano Kyle Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment