Rome, Italy

Rome, Italy
Montesilvano, Italy

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Sassari, Sardinia - 11/16/2011

Carissimi Famiglia,

Ti voglio bene. A simple phrase that I hear quite often here. It literally translates “To you I want good” which doesn't sound very cool but what it really means is I love you, in the non-affectionate but more friendly sense of the phrase, because in Italian if you say “I love you” as in “Ti amo” which literal means I LOVE YOU it is incredibly intimate. So, Ti voglio bene famiglia mia e anche amici miei. Stay awesome haha. Oh and when you pronounce italain the “gli” in a word is pronounced like the double L thing they do in spanish. As in Tortilla. It’s not a hard g or else this language would sound disgusting, which it isn't. Maybe another cool phrase, how about “Che cavolo fai!?!?!” It means “what the heck are you doing” or literally “What the cabbage are you doing”. Haha. You yell this at people when you are driving and they do stupid things while moving your hands up and down. There's a lot of Italian hand language that I guess I'll have to show you guys when I get home. Yes they do all talk with their hands and I'm pretty sure they would be incapable of communication if their hands where tied up. It’s quite funny sometimes but unfortunately I have started to pick it up.

So another week in Sassari. I'm starting to get this city down too (you guys know how I am with directions) Ultimate domination. Nothing real interesting though, as I a told you last week the work here is way slow. We have a couple investigators but none are really progressing. Not much is going on, we have this crazy guy named Benedetto who speaks really broken English to us the whole time and wants us to find him a job in America so he can get money to buy presents for his father. He wants to work over the internet so he can stay home haha. I was thinking maybe Mike could have him do his homework or something over the internet and then mail him like 10 bucks every week haha. We will start teaching a way awesome guy though this afternoon. His name is Enoc, and of course he is an African from Cameroon. I don't know what it is but I am almost sure that this mission baptizes more foreigners than it does Italians! We are sent here to baptize people from Africa and Romania I guess. I guess it doesn't matter whose soul it is as long as it's another soul brought to Christ whether they are native or not. Enoc speaks english too. Its funny because we started talking to him and offered him Book of Mormon in italian but then asked him if there was a better language to read it in, being that Italian is a second language to almost all Africans here, and he said english and then we paused and were like “wait? You speak english?, We do too! We're Americans!” haha it was way funny.

So about the Camera, I will do some looking around today and get you some prices. I would like to know where my price range is so I don't blow to much on one or spend to little on a piece of junk camera. As for the baking goods I should probably tell you what I need in case you haven’t sent it yet but if you have oh well. I need Brown Sugar, those crisco butter things, vanilla, chocolate chips and the recipe. Everything else I can get here in Italy but as for those things they are incredibly hard to find or non-existent here. And I need a lot. I'll be making ALOT of cookies so we can have a very happy palazzo and maybe a few new investigators =)

I miss you all have hope you are all doing great. I loved the email from Mike. It seems like so much crazy stuff is going on back home. Tell the Harris's I pray for them. And…JK's going to Iowa! Way neat. I'll see him in 2 years I guess. Marisa's home already? Man it feels like yesterday she left. This mission stuff really blows by way fast. Her picture was in the Ensign a while ago and our ward here happened to have it posted on the wall and I walked past it and had to double take “is that... holy cow that's Marisa” haha. I told everyone she was in my ward but no one believed me. Renee had a baby? That blows my mind too. I never even remember you telling me she was even pregnant. How's Tommie Norris taking being a grandma now? Just think. Give it 4 or 5 years and you'll probably be a grandma too mom! You guys can all hang out in knitting circles, go to garage sales, make tons of cookies, and ride scooters around Carpentaria together!! Haha I'm teasing. You guys aren't that old.........yet. =)

Well I love you all and am running out of time on this stupid Library computer so I hope you guys have a great week and be excellent to each other. Ci sentiam più tardi

Con Amore

Anziano Kyle Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment