Rome, Italy

Rome, Italy
Montesilvano, Italy

Monday, November 7, 2011

Catania, Sicily - 11/2/2011

Hello-

WHAT A WEEK!!!!!!!! I probably had one of the best weeks I've had so far in the mission! I also have many pictures I will be trying to send today so we’ll see how that turns out.

So the highlight of this week was really Saturday. We had Samuel and Rose’s BAPTISM!! It was beautiful!! I baptized Samuel and Anziano Andersen baptized Rose. He was the first person I have ever baptized. Woo!!! It was way awesome and they brought a ton of friends! I think every African in Catania was there. Samuel says he wants to bring every African to the Church of Jesus Christ. He is so great. Especially when he prays. He prays way intense and gets you all pumped up during his prayer haha.

After the wonderful baptism we did another way fun thing. A SOCCER GAME!! President Kelly approves one soccer game for every missionary and we decided that the Catania vs. Napoli game last Saturday would be the one. We live about 1 kilometer from the stadium so we can hear the games anyways, but this time we got all dressed up in our jerseys and headed down into the stadium with a member and his son Fratello Rizzo. The game was amazing. Napoli was in 3rd place in the whole league and was chosen to win and it seemed that they would when they scored in the first 40 seconds of the game (something that never happens) HOWEVER,Catania made sure that was the only goal that Napoli scored. After that Catania made two goals and we beat Napoli 2-1!!! Catania is doing amazingly well this year because we are usually an underdog but we are taking out all the big guys this season and upsetting a lot of pocket books in the betting stands.

After the game we received our transfer calls from the assistants, I am going to Sassari in Sardegna! I will be serving with an old MTC buddy, Anziano Harris. It’s about as far as one could possibly be transferred to from Catania so I have a huge trip ahead of me. Tonight I leave Catania on a bus to Roma, I get there tomorrow morning at 6:30 and then get to spend the day there until 7pm when I get on a boat and go to Cagliari the capital of Sardegna. I get there Friday morning and then get on a 3 hour train to Sassari. I'll let you guys know my new address next week. Sending stuff to Roma isn't that bad either. I will get stuff from there every 3 weeks or so, not bad.

We met with out new adventuring sea sailing friend Silvio again. This time he gave us another book, one he wrote HIMSELF! A book of his own sea sailing adventures. I can't wait to read it and he still remains very interested in the church. He’s way cool. It was sad saying good bye to everyone but I have made friendships here that I don't think can ever go away. Our investigator Massimo (the crazy guy) started to cry yesterday when I told him I was leaving. Samuel wasn't happy either I was going but I will stay in touch with these new friends for sure. I can't wait to go to Sassari and make even more new friends!!

Mikes drum line thing was the coolest thing I have ever seen. He made me think kinda of the Blue Man group show in Las Vegas. Future career? Haha just kidding. I got E-mails this week from Dad, you, Aunt April, The Fenns, and my good old adventuring buddy Uncle Gordon. I would like to know if I could have his address actually so I could write him cool stories and adventures about my mission that I'm not allowed to tell you guys =) The pictures of all my cousins in their little costumes was cute. I miss all those little guys so much.

Well I got a bunch of photos to upload. Tell the Harris family in our ward that they are in my prayers. I miss you all and hope you have a great week. Vi amo, Vi voglio bene, e Ci sentiamo piu tardi =)

Con Amore, Anziano Kyle Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment