Rome, Italy

Rome, Italy
Montesilvano, Italy

Thursday, February 7, 2013

2/6/2013 - Montesilvano, Italy

Ciao a tutti,

       So we had transfers this week. Looks like I'm finishing in Pescara. I am opening another companionship here at Pescara. My companion Anziano Whitfield arrives tomorrow. We were in Roma this morning and last night to get Anziano Alessandro's new companion Anziano Fossa (he's a greenie). All 4 of us will be here at Pescara. Anziano Whitfield is only one transfer younger than me in the mission so after I leave he will have little time in the mission left. I'm starting from scratch here in Pescara now because I decided to give all the work to the other companionship. Since Alessandro is training I figured it would be better for them to have a bunch of stuff to do so the new missionary doesn't get discouraged right off the bat. I hope Anziano Whitfield doesn't mind. It will be a rough last transfer but I can deal with it. Six weeks of breaking my back makes the race all the more worth it. 
       We had an interesting experience yesterday. There is a family that we found last week going door to door and we had our 2nd lesson with them yesterday. Before we left the husband said he wanted to ask a question, looked at his wife, and then turned back to us and said that they had the strangest sensation the last time we were at their house and that after we left they felt a strange sort of inner peace and all their worries went away for a little bit. They wanted to know what it was. I whipped open Galatians chapter 5 immediately and asked them if they felt any of the sensations listed under the "Fruits of the Spirit". After responding "yes" it was time to lay down some invites to pray and read the Book of Mormon  We left Alma 32 (it gets them every time) and we can expect baptismal invites the next lesson. =) BOOM!! man do I love missionary work!!! The Spirit does it all. You just gotta have some faith and preparation and he does the rest. 
       Our baptism got postponed but its no big deal. There were some "minor technical difficulties". So we will have to move it back a couple of weeks. Maria Luisa is still awesome and still totally wants to be baptized, so no worries. She is the daughter of the Bishop of another city in Sicily and step sister of our ward mission leader so she has many links. We have a general authority coming to speak to us next week in Roma too, Elder Kent F. Richards of the 70. It's gonna be exciting.  I love when we get training's form the general authorities. 
       Well I gotta go. I love and miss you all. Hope you have a great week Vi voglio bene.
     
 Con amore, Anziano Kyle Hill


No comments:

Post a Comment