Rome, Italy

Rome, Italy
Montesilvano, Italy

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Catania, Sicily - 6/22/2011

Ciao Ciao

Well what a week this has been. I'm just gonna start out by telling you a little something I learned this week. When you plan appointments, they will most likely fall through, so what do you do? you find of course, but no one wants to hear you at all. When all seems lost and you and your companion are on the way all the sudden a man approches you and says, "who are you? Why are you dressed so funny?"

Well Sinore, we are missionaries

Are you Catholics?

No, we are from the Church of Jesus Christ.

Oh good. What do you teach?

Well that’s a great question!

We commenced to teach him a little bit about our church and he just so happened to be very interested. We are meeting him again next week. WOOO!! So the moral here is that even though you work for hours and find no one the Lord is preparing people and if it wasn’t for all that wandering around we would have never found this guy. Woo!!! I can’t wait to teach him more.

So I had my first zone conference last week and that was excellent and nuts. Elder Teixeira of the 70 talked to us and he taught us some way awesome things. That was the excellent part. The nuts part was that we set the alarm of in the church building because Aci, our church maintenance guy, forgot do disarm it and we sat through the whole conference with the alarm on. Also we had 22 elders in our apartment and we had to drive them everywhere. That was crazy. But other than that the conference was great, we all learned some awesome things and had a great week.

We saw some crazy stuff today. We drove with some members of the american branch to Palermo today and saw to AMAZING old churches and some catacombs. These catacombs weren’t normal catacombs though, they were freaky. Dead bodies everywhere. Way scary, I'm not gonna sleep for a while. You can look them up because I couldn’t take pictures in there. Google Palermo Catacombs. I got some pics of the two churches we saw though. Both are very old and filled with ancient mosaics from the byzantine era I think. One of the churches was huge. One is Duomo Cefalù and the other is Duomo Monreale.

Well I gotta go. Have a great week everyone and I miss you all. I sent a letter to you dad for fathers day but you might not get it for a while so I’ll say happy fathers day now .=)

Vi voglio bene e ci sentiamo,

Anziano Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment